Friday, May 20, 2011

This is what is up!


I haven’t blogged for a long time but I have decided to put this out there for the whole world to read.  Why not you know?  To start this off the truth must come out.  The relationship with God and I hasn’t been the best lately.  Since about mid February I have been just going through life.  Nothing exciting, nothing to really live for.
I don’t blame this on anything, or anyone but myself.  When I feel like I am not going to do something, I am not going to do it.  Relationship with God, is a perfect example.   I felt that I didn’t want to or need to do anything to make the relationship keep going.  I pushed myself away from people that I cared for this to happen.  I surrounded my self with earthly things to make sure.  I pushed my small group away, I pushed my mentor away, I pushed one of my real good friends away because of the fact that I didn’t want to put the effort into this. 
            What sucks is the fact that I have been walking around campus with fake friendships, fake personality, just a fake me.  I am pretty sure not one ever figured it out because of the fact that no one ever asked.  Therefore, I succeeded in pushing God away, pushing people away, pushing anything to live fore and then filling it with negative and disgusting things.  Beer, work, chew, disgusting habits that I know that need to change. 
            Then one night after work just 3 days ago I finally decided to pick up God’s word.  The first time in how many months and I turned to Luke chapter 13.  Another precursor to this is that while I never said I don’t believe in  God or I hate Him or ever said no to him,  I always knew in the back of my mind that he is a powerful God, and I was scared so badly because of this.  Ok so I open up to Luke.
            This is what was the sub-title “Repent or Perish”.  I was shocked, fearful, excited, and strangely renewed.  Luke 13:6-9 “A man had a fig tree, planted in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it, but didn’t find any.  So he said to the man, who took care of the vineyard.  For three years now I’ve been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven’t found any.  Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil? Sir the man replied leave it alone for one more year, and I’ll dig around it and fertilize it.  If it bears no fruit next year fine!  If not, then cut it down.  
            This is pretty monumental to me, because of the fact that I have been a “Christian”. If I had to asses me, I feel that the fruit that I have produced has been little to none.  HELLO WAKE UP CALL!  I feel that this is where I need to step up.  I don’t know how or where, but the fact that I need to is huge.  This is not all I keep reading and this is the same chapter that Jesus says about the fact that the door is slim.  It is small and some of you that you feel have made it through the door will be standing out side looking in.  HELLO AGAIN!  Look at me saying I am a Christ lover, but not reading, not talking to him, not showing who I really am!  How in the world do I think I am in?  Where do I get off saying I am in when I haven’t shown the true me, for a very long time.
            The truth comes out.  I LOVE JESUS!  I am going to work harder, I am going to read more, talk to Jesus more!  I want people in my life again!  I want people to understand who I am!  I want the world to know that God has changed me.  Some ask how he has changed me, all I have to say is look at the person before camp and then look at me now after.  Seems to be like two different people to me.  Also, I want to indulge in conversations!  I want to discuss what HE has done for us.  HE sent his son to DIE for me, for you, for the kid starving on the street.  I yearn for something more!  JESUS I WANT YOU!
           

  

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chase thanks for sharing. I wish there was a like button but I don't know what else to say. haha. Keep seeking bro!

    Mikee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete